WE ARE ALL MEMBERS OF TWO HOURS BEFORE

Saturday, August 29, 2009

SEVERAL YEARS AGO MARTIN LUTHER KING HAD A "DREAM" ITS A DREAM THAT CAME TRUE,BUT LAST NIGHTS' DREAM WAS DIFFERENT......!


THE DREAM

A mystery unknown
Unknown and not solved
Whether a thriller or not
Still a complex experience

Last night I traveled
The country very new to me
A place I have never been to
I recall the food
Very new to me
I was somewhere in Monaco
The streets glittering with neon lights
Or this is Holly Wood?
The swings and pods
All resembling the ones in Navada Ranch
I was there last night.

The limo was striking
Life has never been this beautiful
The chauffer always smiling
Pouring their hearts out
Innocently I smiled back

A few days before
I was languishing in poverty
I knew nothing beyond
That kiosk next door
Despondent but hoping for the best
I never thought my dream
Would come this fast.

A few days ago,
I was running away from a vicious
Animal- a very big predicament
Indeed, I tried to rise and run
Walking away was
Too risky business
Flying a way was an option

My will too strong
My limbs too weak
To rise and walk,
Run,
Fly or
Swim away.

Some fresh I lost,
When the animal
Caught up with me!
All in my dream
Last nights’ dream.
My wails were even weaker
They were mere whispers
No ear could hear
Its roar was not bare
Ready to snarf and devour

It was no ordinary night
It’s the night I had a dream
The dream that lied to me,
That I was in Monaco

It’s the dream that lied to me
It told me a story
A story about my home far away
About the new chief in our area
It also lied to me about the
Former chief who was now ‘dead’
The ‘cancer’ had finally taken toll on him
I now missed home without him

He too was a liar
“I will repair the roads,
I will build a clinic, I will
Revive the water taps…..”
He had severally promised

Last nights’ dream lied to me,
That he was now gone.
We now had a new chief
The new chief had finally
Agreed to listen and reason.


All Rights Reserved. This an original poem by Simon Mwangi Muthiora. Reproduction in print or any other media is strictly Prohibited. AURTHOR: MWANGI S. MUTHIORA

1 comment:

  1. I like this. Its siasa kiasi but one has to open the eyes wide and read between the lines. the chief in the poem should be kenyas ruthless political class. somebody should give them a copy of this.....ama sivyo?

    ReplyDelete

Fafdays will have to confirm and edit your comment before Publication.