WE ARE ALL MEMBERS OF TWO HOURS BEFORE

Friday, September 4, 2009

I lived to see this day............The Foetus has made a come back!

RETURN OF THE FOETUS



Your cruelty sent me
To certain oblivion
Robbed me, the very basic
Right to life
Was it my error?

Why did you?
It was foolish of you
You are the one who messed up
You made me a runt
A victim of your selfishness

Smell the air, ooh
Smell!
Smell again my ‘mother’
Ummm, rich
Very rich
It’s saturated with my soul
And those of my fellow comrades

Remember the poignant moments
When you visited that killer
When you forced me out of
My haven


I resisted the overdose
You tried to flog match me,
I declined.
It was not for long however
You managed to silence me,
And I honorably gave up

I too silenced you
I did it for my likely sister and myself.
I carried our haven with me
The ocular proof of your selfishness

Och aye! Look…….
Look at yourself now
How many sons do you boast?
Where are your daughters?

You are an oddity
Who can entertain barrenness?
Who?
You are a total nonentity
If only you spared me
I could have spared you too!



Copyright: Simon Mwangi Muthiora.

Following my earlier posting on the return of the foetus, i promised to dedicate a poem to anyone who got the best picture to use on this poem.The winning poepix was by Hellen Mbugua . However, i received tenths of pictures and i must admit that most were very touching. I wish to also mention Ms Wairimu Kaiyeye among other readers who participated and commented on this sensitive issue. Thanks all for your contribution to this blog.

2 comments:

  1. OMG help us gals not to fall into this trap of killing the wonderful innocents.Thy do have rights to live bt its awa cruel hearts n fear of whispering wind which many find themselves in the trap......wish we can all have a caring heart n mind the unborn.."

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Simon!
    Lovely poem.
    It's been a pleasure for me too you've found me and i you. I love these no casual coincidences of life. I'll be following your beautiful blog/writing and so hope you do too.
    Thanks for your comment :)

    ReplyDelete

Fafdays will have to confirm and edit your comment before Publication.