WE ARE ALL MEMBERS OF TWO HOURS BEFORE

Monday, September 21, 2009

MEET "DR MENO; THE VILLAGE DENTIST" IN THIS HUMOR SEGMENT, I ONCE AGAIN FEATURE MY FELLOW UP-COMING WRITER & HUMORIST PAUL KIBE.....THE DENTIST!

THIS WORK OF FICTION IS SOLE PROPERTY OF PAUL KIBE. RE-PRODUCTION IN FULL OR PART IS STRICTLY RESTRICTED. THE SAID AUTHOR HAS THE RIGHTS TO THIS PIECE OF WORK. 2HRS BEFORE B4 DOES NOT HOLD THE RIGHTS TO ALL WORKS BY PAUL KIBE AND APPEARING ON THIS BLOG. HOWEVER, THIS ARE ORIGINAL AND UN-PUBLISHED HUMUOR WORKS. INTERESTED PUBLISHERS CAN CONTACT PAUL KIBE AT pkibe79@yahoo.com

All Rights Researved(o) Paul Kibe 2009



DR MENO; THE VILLAGE DENTIST


One fine morning,I reported to work as usual. Like all junior clerks,I hang my coat on my chair and pretended to have gone to spit saliva. I ended up in Rumuruti, some 300KMS away instead of the unisex office toilet.

My visit to Rumuruti was inspired by some Lucifer waters I had consumed at Kwa Maiko's the previous night. Kwa Maiko is a watering hole in an estate that answers by another person's name;Kwa Maina. It is in this devil's birthday party in the heart of the city of many lights that the idea of eradicating poverty was conceived.

After irrigating my throat with some liquid that had the power to propel a locomotive, Kwa Maiko's liquid started whispering some wisdom to my naked ears.
"Son of Maritha, he who sat on a spear one cold morning by the riverside and faced a knife without blinking an eye, you got a finger for making money. "The voice intoned.
"Wa Maritha tell me;didn't Maritha exchange her only cow for your ticket to kambi? Didn't you chew all the books without constipating? Wasn't the entire village present when you graduated with a Bachelor of Anything(B.A)Degree? What can you show the world for your toils except an advanced plot to send Maritha to the next planet minus her cow?" The inner voice chortled.
"Listen carefully." The words were as if from an oracle. "Go to Rumuruti and declare war on all the rotten teeth."It commanded.

Now you know why I landed in Rumuruti armed with pliers,cotton wool and some liquid calling itself local anesthetics ready to face teeth of all shapes and sizes.
Thursday happens to be a market day. It is the day when all Rumurutians worth any salt became mobile world banks after selling livestock. To me it was a day for them to give Caesar what belonged to Caesar.
Like all other Kenyans, Rumurutians prefer foreigners to locals.That is why I erected a poster that did not read, "Daktari wa meno kutoka Dundori." Instead,the poster screamed, "Daktari wa meno kutoka Zanzibari. The very one capable of sending a tooth to the next world by just staring at it!"

The news of my arrival spread like bush fire on a hot season. In no time, I was cutting sweat from counting real money bearing the diagram of the former state house tenant.
I had just pocketed the first coin bearing the image of the man from Othaya when people calling themselves medical practitioners and dentists board paid me a courtesy call accompanied by Kiganjo boys.

In a flash, I found myself staring at a real judge clad in a head gear made from the hide skin of Rumuruti sheep. I was charged with attempted massacre and robbery without violence.
The judge seemed to realize that sending me to Kamiti in eternal peace was of no value to her mission of crossing the valley of poverty.She ordered me to surrender my ill gotten wealth to the honourable court instead.

The enemies of development had yet again conspired against my idea of eradicating poverty.



One may ask why I have decided to feature Mr Paul Kibe soo much on my blog, however, the first time i read his work i was very impressed. Surprising thou is that my fellow upcoming writer has not been published either. He tried a blog and unfortunately it didn't take off. This has convinced me to just make the world know that there is still unexploited masters of good Humor, their works gathering dust or going down the drain un-noted. Myself am NOT published beyound this blog and have thus thought about giving my fellow up-coming writers the opportunity that remains very elusive to many of us.

I believe the greatest gift one can give a writer-artist, is recognizing, accepting, appreciating their works. It really gives one the drive to do more and actually improve on their various fields.

Next week I am resuming my Poetry. Keep tuned and you will enjoy reading each posting on this blog. To all my fellow bloggers, THANKS for your continued support and very encouraging comments. We got a long way to go but so far so good. I wish ti further inform you that the Poem on Kenya About To Burn Again has received an award and a peace initiative identified it for its activities in its Peace Initiative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fafdays will have to confirm and edit your comment before Publication.