WE ARE ALL MEMBERS OF TWO HOURS BEFORE

Sunday, September 6, 2009

The Woman In The Village

The Tablet Of Memoirs- My mother Purity



THE WOMAN IN THE VILLAGE


THE WOMAN IN THE VILLAGE

Contorted and wrinkled
Though last night’s bride
Kerchief well curled
Less the lustful eyes
See the raven hair

The woman in the village
An early bird
A yawn then a cough
Jumps over a snoring log- tired of a
Work well done,
Sowing on fertile land

A little shilly shally
She throws legs a part
Eyes half open
The right hand raising the skirt in front
Left pushing the knickers aside
To allow a jet of warm urine pass

Feeling withdrawn and tizzy
Woman in the village
Ready for life’s undying routines
A panga and a hoe
After all it’s the measure of her beauty
The village woman.

In the evening, nothing on hands but soil
After a days toil
Back at home
A sizzled husband waits eagerly
To rape her quietly
In return to add to her priorities
A son or a daughter
The village woman

Tomorrow comes
Only to find yesterday nagging
And the woman in the village
Waits quietly, to receive the ‘baton’
From the unfaithful husband

Yesterday’s bride
Faces the blade
Loosing her pride
As her life fades

The woman in the village
Exhausts her mirage
For that marriage
That she cannot manage
That woman in the village.


Copyright (o) Mwangi Muthiora
TWO HOURS BEFORE


Twenty seven years ago, My mom gave birth to a weakly son. Not even the doctors would belieave I would survive the miscarriage- Luckly, miracularsly, I did! Mother never left me neither did she regret marrying the man who almost saw me leave this world unceremoniously. A heavy boot had landed on moms protruding tummy six months to her pregnancy and what ensued was my longest journey. I Love you dearly mom!


2Hrs B4

6 comments:

  1. Thank yu for visiting my blog--and those of some of my friends. I'm certain we will be reading yours now, that introductions are happening.

    One thing everyone had is a--mother. And probably the most influential person to each of us was--mother. And the one we sometimes ask for at death's time is--mother. In our country we even refer to the globe as "Mother Earth".

    And so we all will be watching for THE WOMAN IN THE VILLAGE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea pls iandike haraka we r longing 4it coz mums' deserve great kia n love from us ....op it will be interesting.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Simon,
    You really flatter me by saying how much you like my work... but that's it > MY WORK.I hope this does not offend at all but...
    I have no intention of partnering with anyone and cannot see how I would help you realize your dream of being a published poet... (?)
    (Sorry!)
    and thank you again- anyway :)
    KEEP WORKING >
    YOU ARE GOOD ENOUGH NOT TO NEED ANY PARTNERs...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I can definitely relate to that again: your poems are so good. (Been looking at your previous posts) And This of the mother > SUPERB and the story about you in it,really moving.
    Good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad, empty, cold, used...I felt them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi simo,
    this a fantastic one keep the good work moving and may the Great God add to your fountain of wisdom.
    You are doing Great

    ReplyDelete

Fafdays will have to confirm and edit your comment before Publication.